ATAG 2.0 Editor's Draft - includes new proposals

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Wed, 21 Feb 2007 16:07:58 -0500
To: WAI-AUWG List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

Proposals were starting to build up on the list, so I've put them into
an Editor's draft at:

 From there we either approve them or roll back to the older wording in
the Public WD.

(NOTE: Some changes listed below are NEW proposals not yet sent to the list)

The big changes included are:

1. Numbering changes - Checklist, glossary etc. moved to appendices
(btw: the checklist and comparison are broken links in this draft) and
numbering scheme simplified.

2. Definition of Authoring Tool changed as a reviewer suggested. BTW:
What do people think of "Dialog-level" editing instead of "Indirect"

3. Changes to relationship with WCAG section

4. Major re-org. of the Conformance section
  - removed relative priority
  - added proposed Partial Conformance (Remember this has not been approved)
  - reworked the Benchmark section
  - removing graphic
  - tried to satisfy all of the commenters' concerns

5. Moved A.0.1 "For the authoring tool user interface, ensure that
Web-based functionality conforms to WCAG" into a re-named guideline
"A.4: Authoring tool must facilitate access by assistive technologies"

6. Changed "conforms to WCAG" to "is accessible" in checkpoint wording
criteria that are normative

7. Decomposed Relative priority -> 3 priority levels in checkpoints.

8. Simplified B.2.1 and B.2.2 to match B.2.3:
- B.2.1 Prompt authors to create accessible content
- B.2.2 Assist authors in checking for accessibility problems
- B.2.3 Assist authors in repairing accessibility problems

9. Some changes to terms in the glossary...most notably reworking
"authoring tool user interface" - including removing the terminally
confusing graphic.

There's lots here, but it's highlighted in the doc so please let me know
what you think.