Re: Comments on potential last call draft

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 26 Jun 2006 15:44:26 -0400
To: Barry Feigenbaum <feigenba@us.ibm.com>
Cc: WAI-AUWG List <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

Hi Barry,

Thanks for the comments...my responses inline:

Quoting Barry Feigenbaum <feigenba@us.ibm.com>:

> General comment on layout. Too wide to fit on 8.5x11 forms with out some
> content being cut off.  may want to fix.  Problem is with figures 1 and 2.

JR: OK, I'll fix those tomorrow.

> 2.1 Conformance
>
> Level triple A  - Would it be better to say "All checkpoints" (vs priority
> 1, 2, 3)

JR: OK, makes sense to me.

> Conformance Claim components
>
> 3 Required conformance profile - It can only be ATAG 2.0, else different
> conformance claim

JR: OK - I can remove "version" from the wording and just say URI.

> A.1.1  Wording of web-based statement is poor.

JR: Do you just mean that "meet" is missing or is there something else?

> A.2.1 Web based criteria text should be indented

JR: That's the way it is for the others...should they all be indented?

> A.3.3 Success Criteria 1 - this seems to require web-based documentation.
> Is this really what we want?

JR: It would require that it be in a Web format, though not necessarily Web
based. I could see removing it and adding a reminder note that documentation,
like everything else must meet Part A and bv accessible.

> B.1.1 criteria 2 - this is a hard one to do (must find or author a
> benchmark) and its priority 1. Are we sure we want to require this?

JR: Well developers have to be prepared to find/author a benchmark for at
least one format they produce else they can't meet the rest of ATAG 2.0...
this is just saying if there are some formats that do and some that don't and
the author gets the choice, give prominence to formats that do.

> Looks good otherwise.

Great!