ATAG 2.0 editor's draft

Hi,

The new editor's draft is up at:

http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060621/WD-ATAG20-20060621.html

It also includes the checklist doc and version comparison docs:
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060621/checklist.html
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060621/version-comparison.html

Between yesterday and today I made a number of editorial changes as well
as a few changes requiring group consent (marked as editor changes),
which are listed below:

[1]
- Changing the def'n of Web Content from:
Web Content
Content published on the Web using a *content type*.
Web Content (or shortened to "content")
Any material in a *content type*. If the content type is a *markup
language*, then the terms cover the information both within the tags
(i.e., the *markup*) and between them. In this document, the terms are
primarily used in the context of the material that is authored and
outputted by *authoring tools*.

REASON: I wanted to make content (which we use a lot in the success
criteria) a linked definition term but couldn't if the content needed to
already be published. (with the new definition in, I have linked
"content" and "Web content" throughout the document.)

[2]
- Rewording A.2.6 from:
A.2.6 For the authoring tool user interface, allow the author to search
content and markup within the editing views. [Priority 2]
A.2.6 For the authoring tool user interface, allow the author to search
content, including markup, within the editing views. [Priority 2]

REASON: New definition makes "and" unnecessary.

Cheers,
Jan

Jan Richards wrote:
> Hi everyone,
>
> I was supposed to publish an updated editor's draft of ATAG 2.0
> yesterday so that we could vote on whether to send it to last call on
> our Monday meeting. However, I was quite sick for the latter part of
> last week and over the weekend and didn't get it out. The only part I
> have not quite finished updating is the checklist, so I have attached
> the other items to this message.
>
> I intend to publish the draft tomorrow without wording changes so you
> are safe to begin reviewing this doc.
>
> Cheers,
> Jan
>
> PS: please note:
>
> 1. a few non-editorial changes to the draft - marked in red - including
> the added def'n of "platform" and the description text for the ui image
> in the glossary.
>
> 2. the atag 1.0 comparison document.

> [Contents <#toc>] [Techniques </TR/2004/WD-ATAG20-TECHS-20041122/>]
> [Checklist <checklist.html>]
> W3C <http://www.w3.org/>
>

>   Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines 2.0
>

>     Editor's Draft 15 June 2006
>
> This version:
>     http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060526/WD-ATAG20-20060608.html
>     <http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060608/WD-ATAG20-20060608.html>
> Latest version:
>     http://www.w3.org/TR/ATAG20/
> Previous version:
>     http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060526/WD-ATAG20-20060526.html
>     <http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/2006/WD-ATAG20-20060526/WD-ATAG20-20060526.html>
>
> Editors:
>     Jutta Treviranus - ATRC, University of Toronto
>     Jan Richards - ATRC, University of Toronto
>     Matt May
>
> Copyright <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Copyright>
> ©2005 W3C <http://www.w3.org/>^® (MIT <http://www.csail.mit.edu/>, ERCIM
> <http://www.ercim.org/>, Keio <http://www.keio.ac.jp/>), All Rights
> Reserved. W3C liability
> <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#Legal_Disclaimer>,
> trademark <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/ipr-notice#W3C_Trademarks>
> and document use
> <http://www.w3.org/Consortium/Legal/copyright-documents> rules apply.

>     Abstract
>
> This specification provides guidelines for designing Web content
> authoring tools <#def-Authoring-Tool> that are more accessible for
> people with disabilities. An authoring tool that conforms to these
> guidelines will promote accessibility by providing an accessible user
> interface to authors with disabilities as well as enabling, supporting,
> and promoting the production of accessible Web content by all authors.
>
> "Authoring Tool Accessibility Guidelines 2.0" (ATAG 2.0) is part of a
> series of accessibility guidelines published by the W3C Web
> Accessibility Initiative <http://www.w3.org/WAI/> (WAI).
>

>     Status of this document
>
> /This section describes the status of this document at the time of its
> [...]

Jan Richards, M.Sc.
User Interface Design Specialist
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
Faculty of Information Studies
University of Toronto

   Email: jan.richards@utoronto.ca
   Web:   http://jan.atrc.utoronto.ca