Important: ATAG and alternatives to text

From: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 14:43:52 -0500
To: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

Looking at our guidelines through a learning disability "lens" all
the guidelines are broad enough to accommodate things like
alternatives to text except for  3.4 and 3.5 in which we assume that
there would only be equivalents to non-text objects.

Should we drop the reference to "non-text" objects and make it more
general so that we can accommodate the development of technologies
that support the creation of alternatives to text for people with
dyslexia or other text processing difficulties?