Re: Important: ATAG and alternatives to text

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Fri, 19 Nov 2004 18:54:39 -0500
To: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
Cc: w3c-wai-au@w3.org

The only place I see this being a problem is the 3.5 success criteria (The
authoring tool must always keep a record of alternative equivalents that the
author inserts for particular non-text objects in a way that allows the text
equivalent to be offered back to the author for modification and re-use if the
same non-text object is reused.)

I don't think we can ask developers to ALWAYS keep track of non-text equivs of
text -even if it is a P3 checkpoint.

-Jan