Re: Draft of reminder to AUWG

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Fri, 30 Aug 2002 09:23:11 -0400 (EDT)
To: Jutta Treviranus <jutta.treviranus@utoronto.ca>
cc: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>

I am wondering if we need to renumber the guidelines and checkpoints for the
tiers. I think there is some value in having continuity between the ATAG 1
guidelines and the Wombat ones, even if they are presented in a slightly
different order. (The numbering is really a way to refer to them, and they
don't necessarily have to be in order. It depends how easily confused tool
developers are).

On Thu, 29 Aug 2002, Jutta Treviranus wrote:

>On Monday's Teleconference we ran short of time before getting a chance
>to discuss the new draft of the Wombat Techniques.
>Please review the new draft, Jan and Matt have prepared at the
>following URI and send any feedback to the list by Tuesday, September
>3. This way we can get a new draft prepared for the next meeting and
>continue the momentum the group has
>gained into the Face-to-Face in Vancouver:
>As you review the draft, please pay special attention to the following:
>- the splitting of the document by tier rather than by guideline
>- the placement of the "access to the tool" guideline first.
>- the comments throughout marked by red text with "@@" before and after.
>Thanks Jutta

SWAD-E http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/Europe ------------ WAI http://www.w3.org/WAI
 21 Mitchell street, FOOTSCRAY Vic 3011, Australia  fax(fr): +33 4 92 38 78 22