Re: Conformance Evaluation Page Ideas

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 15 Apr 2002 11:05:38 -0400 (EDT)
To: Carlos A Velasco <velasco@fit.fraunhofer.de>
cc: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>, "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
On Sat, 13 Apr 2002, Carlos A Velasco wrote:

  Dear Jan,

  I reviewed the page, and I think it reflects the discussion Monday.
  Three comments:
  * The proposed template is too long. Maybe we shall review it in one of
  the WG meetings. As we discussed off-the-list, maybe we shall develop a
  review XML Schema that will allow for different views of a review
  through an XSLT transformation.
CMN
Well, that would be cool. In  the meantime we could use a standardised XHTML
format that can be transformed, or can be read straight out in browsers - I
think that it is easier for people to edit XHTML but I notice that even then
a lot of editors are in practise producing buggy code...
[snip]
Carlos
  * Tools not evaluated maybe shall be in another page.
CMN
That was how it used to be, and I have to admit that I prefer Jan's approach
of having all the tools together. I guess this is a good question for a poll
<grin/>

cheers
Charles