Re: AU Techniques: Icons

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Thu, 6 Dec 2001 22:50:32 -0500 (EST)
To: Liddy Nevile <liddy@motile.net>
cc: <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
I agree with Liddy, I thnk that getting these icons really good is valuable,
and that we need a lot of input and to try a bunch of stuff.

Anyway, I like the new ones. I think that it should be an open issue beyond
the next version, but I am now not decided on any set. (I am torn between the
reduced versions of mine - I find the busy thing helpful, and the colour
saturation important - and the new set Jan did).

I'll update the icons table over the weekend.

cheers

Charles

On Thu, 6 Dec 2001, Liddy Nevile wrote:

  > Maybe I'm spending too much time on this, but I really think that, given
  > the important role of these icons all the way through the document, the
  > appearance of these icons will be a major determinant in how seriously
  > people perceive the document.

  I think you are doing a service by getting these right - they are very
  useful icons.

  Liddy