Re: AU techs / ATAG errata

That seems like my proposal 2 below, since I don't believe that there is any
way we can effectively force authors to provide meaningful text replacements.
(Amaya requires an alt before it will insert an image, and I know that people
who really care about accessibility from time to time use asdfasdf as the alt
to get on with working).

Leaving the accessibility error easily found is important, and I think it
would be more likely to work if there was a missing alt (in XHTML, conforming
browsers will stop processing and say "this page is broken" although they
might then offer a recovery option) than trying to get some regular set of
strings that can be detected by tools. (That isn't impossible, just takes
more work for almost everyone).

Hmmm. Seems like we have an issue here...

cheers

Charles