Re: AU Techniques: Icons

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Thu, 06 Dec 2001 16:50:51 -0500
To: w3c-wai-au@w3.org
Now, maybe we are getting somewhere.

I have:

Programming Tools: Set 5 (Jan - new ones)
= Increased color saturation background.

Document Tools: Set 5 (Jan new ones)
= Increased color saturation background.

Conversion tools: set 1s (charles)
= Tried to clean up this icon, but is just too complex for the 16x16
space, so I'm proposing another design.

Content management tools: set 1s (charles)
= Cleaned up this icon and brought it into line with the style of the
first two.

Multimedia editor: Set 4s (Emmanuelle)
= Given this icon a graphic background.

Does this bring us closer to agreement?

Maybe I'm spending too much time on this, but I really think that, given
the important role of these icons all the way through the document, the
appearance of these icons will be a major determinant in how seriously
people perceive the document.

- Jan

Charles McCathieNevile wrote:

> Yep, I would like the dominant colours to be more saturated.
>
> Anyway, I had a better look at them on the icon table and example pages, and
> I think I would like the following:
>
> Programming Tools: Set 5 (Jan - new ones)
> DOcument Tools: Set 5 (Jan new ones)
> Conversion tools: set 1s (charles)
> Content management tools: set 1s (charles)
> Multimedia editor: Set 4s (Emmanuelle)

conv-tools2.gif
(image/gif attachment: conv-tools2.gif)

manage-tools2.gif
(image/gif attachment: manage-tools2.gif)

prog-tools2.gif
(image/gif attachment: prog-tools2.gif)

mm-tools2.gif
(image/gif attachment: mm-tools2.gif)

content-tools2.gif
(image/gif attachment: content-tools2.gif)