Re: [AU techniques] prompt doc ...

From: Liddy Nevile <liddy@motile.net>
Date: Tue, 4 Dec 2001 17:55:00 -0500 (EST)
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
The doc overall is very helpful but I found what seemed like a few bugs - at
http://www.w3.org/WAI/AU/WD-ATAG10-TECHS-20010801/appa
is this the version I should be looking at?

the following appears in the bit about prompting:

Prompts:

Prompts are interface mechanisms that request information from the user, or
at least provide an opportunity for user to provide information if they
wish....

I think it should be:

Prompts:

Prompts are interface mechanisms that request information from the user, or
at least provide an opportunity for ***THE*** user to provide information if
they wish. On most GUI platforms, prompts commonly take the form of dialog
box controls.

and a little bit later:

if the user presses activates the "Save"
should be
if the user activates the "Save" ???

and

(ex. saving to a

should be

(e.g. saving to a ????  (is ex. a US way of doing this???)

and

(i.e. "There are a few spellling mistakes")

is this deliberate or should it be

(i.e. "There are a few spelling mistakes") ???

and
the alert should include two or more options that linking to a prompt
should be
the alert should include two or more options that link to a prompt  - I
think???

overall, I think that non-intrusive would be better than unintrusive????