W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-wai-au@w3.org > October to December 2001

Re: AU Notes from Oct 15 meeting

From: Phill Jenkins <pjenkins@us.ibm.com>
Date: Mon, 15 Oct 2001 14:05:57 -0400
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Message-ID: <OF0B1B3784.BDCD327E-ON86256AE6.0063422D@raleigh.ibm.com >
Please add before last JT action item:

PJ: what do I do with AERT vs WCAG technique issues?
CMN: First check open AERT & WCAG issues list maintained currently by ER-IG
          http://www.w3.org/WAI/ER/IG/ert/ert-open-issues.html
     If not already there - open issue on w3c-wai-au list


Regards,
Phill Jenkins,  (512) 838-4517
IBM Research Division - Accessibility Center
11501 Burnet Rd,  Austin TX  78758    http://www.ibm.com/able



Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>@w3.org on 10/15/2001 12:44:34 PM

Sent by:  w3c-wai-au-request@w3.org


To:   "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
cc:
Subject:  Notes from Oct 15 meeting



JT: Jutta Treviranus
CMN: Charles
JR: Jan Richards
LN: Libby Neville
HS: Heather Swayne
PJ: Phill Jenkins
Katie


---

Notes:

Discussion of ATAG conf. eval of WebCT. JR has done one and can send to
Libby.

----
Evaluation techniques?
----

CMN: Should Frontpage 2002 review be linked to Frontpage 2000 review.

HS: Yes but MS response should also be posted.

JT: What are we doing with the techniques.

JT: JT will look into recruiting some people from U Wash. to the group.
Thes people are looking at the accessibility of authoring tools.


----
What the ER group is doing
----

CMN: ER is packing up and going home. With 3 to 6 months.

CMN: There responsibilities will be split up amongst QA, GL and us.

CMN: ACTION ITEM: Post techniques for the use of EARL by authoring
tools.

JT, CMN: There will also ATAG evaluuation techniques that use EARL.

CMN: "Tech spec language" to describe test. (EARL just records results)

JT,CMN: We do have to put together a test suite for ATAG.

JT: It will be very difficult - maybe beyond time availabilities of
people in the group.

CMN: We may need to go back to W3C companies to get more resources on
this. Is this something authoring tool makers want?

CMN: There may be some funding for work on this coming in 6 to 8 weeks.

JT: THere are some others sources we can tap as well.

CMN: W3C says it's ok to pay people to join the group. But
sub-contracting is more difficult.

CMN: Also there are people in GL who are doing maily tool stuff.

JT: ACTION ITEM: Will talk about authoring tool people in GL in the CG
meeting.

JT: ACTION ITEM: Can bring up at CG how issues list of ERT will dealt
with.



----
Any other business
----




/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\

Jan Richards
UI Design Specialist
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
University of Toronto

jan.richards@utoronto.ca
Phone: (416) 946-7060
Fax: (416) 971-2896

/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\/\
Received on Monday, 15 October 2001 14:06:38 UTC

This archive was generated by hypermail 2.3.1 : Tuesday, 6 January 2015 21:39:46 UTC