Re: Relative Priority note for Wombat 3.1.

From: Jan Richards <jan.richards@utoronto.ca>
Date: Mon, 23 Jul 2001 10:50:14 -0400
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
> Agree with including all these, and I would add
> 9.1 Provide client-side image maps instead of server-side image maps except
> where the regions cannot be defined with an available geometric shape.
> [priority 1]

JR: I disagree. 9.1 asks the author to use client-side image maps
instead of server-side ones, not as equivalents.

> 13.10 Provide a means to skip over multi-line ASCII art. [priority 3]

JR: As above, the skipping link is not an equivalent.

> 14.2 Supplement text with graphic or auditory presentations where they will
> facilitate comprehension of the page. [priority 3]

JR: Hmmm. This works, but it necessitates changing the "required basic
functionality" statement, since that assumes the orignal object is not
plain text.

Jan Richards
Adaptive Technology Resource Centre (ATRC)
University of Toronto

Tel: (416) 946-7060  Fax: (416) 971-2896