Re: Section 3 addendum

From: William Loughborough <love26@gorge.net>
Date: Thu, 11 Mar 1999 09:39:22 -0800
To: "w3c-wai-au@w3.org" <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
CMcCN: "Are you proposing this addendum as part of such an introduction"

WL:: I was at first proposing it as either that or as a checkpoint but
since I've looked in vain for strong language in UAGL regarding this
matter I'm leaning towards the latter.

Alan Cantor replied to my IG post that true mouselessness is pretty much
an unrealized dream, a point he deals with at:

http://www.interlog.com/~acantor/csun1998.htm

We can still ask and since I find it a high priority for both blind or
quadraplegic or other folks who can't mouse...

CMcCN: "I would add to mouseless operation the requirement to implement
appropriate interfaces for assistive technologies, and the requirement
to implement software in accordance with Operating System conventions."

WL:: OTOH I think these are well covered in referenced documents
--
Love.
            ACCESSIBILITY IS RIGHT - NOT PRIVILEGE