Re: Agenda Items

Jutta Treviranus wrote:

> The following are items to be briefly discussed and resolved in the first
> part of the face to face meeting entitled : Review of Document Structure
> and Scope.
>
> 1. How do we incorporate relevant existing Guidelines
> Reference but not duplicate other Guidelines Documents or
> provide summary of other documents in introduction or
> provide summary in appendix or
> restate relevant guidelines

I think this is a general documentation question: when to
quote (and how much) vs. when to reference alone. I don't know
that there is a general solution to this problem. Nonetheless,
I suggest quoting where shared context is required, otherwise
just reference.

Also, there should be additional WAI NOTES soon to allow
further referencing of some shared definitions.

 -Ian

> 2. If a critical point is not covered in the Web Content guidelines should
> we put it into the AU guidelines even though it belongs in another
> guideline?

Please also alert the Web Content WG when you discover
an important dependency.

> 4. How many documents
> One document with Guidelines, Checkpoints, Techniques and Appendices or
> a separate Techniques document.

For reasons cited in another email (size, download times,
readability), I propose two documents. Also, this would make the
AU guidelines consistent with the other two, which is not primordial
(the three look slightly different anyway), but would be beneficial,
just like using the same nomenclature for the rating system (even
if the meanings of the priorities differ slightly).

 - Ian

--
Ian Jacobs (jacobs@w3.org)
Tel/Fax: (212) 684-1814