Re: importing and converting markup

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Wed, 2 Jun 1999 12:21:57 -0400 (EDT)
To: Wendy A Chisholm <chisholm@trace.wisc.edu>
cc: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
I like this wording. I would still be inclined to say "accessibility features
of content" (as per Eric's suggestion).

Charles McCN

On Wed, 2 Jun 1999, Wendy A Chisholm wrote:

  I definitely support combing the two checkpoints, and offer a proposed
  rewording to clarify a couple issues.

  How about:
  Preserve accessible content during conversions or transformations.

  The issue that I am trying to clarify is that a tool might make
  transformations either while importing or exporting. I interpretted
  Charles' proposal to only address exports.  I'm not sure that my proposal
  makes it any more clear.

  I deleted the explicit mention of types of conversions/transformations to
  leave it open to all types.  I don't feel strongly about leaving them out.

  --wendy