Priority of valid documents

From: Charles McCathieNevile <charles@w3.org>
Date: Mon, 26 Apr 1999 12:17:09 -0400 (EDT)
To: WAI AU Guidelines <w3c-wai-au@w3.org>
In Web Content Guidelines the priority of producing valid documents, and not
mis-using markup, is P2. I am wondering whether it should be P1 for Authoring
Tools, in which case we would have to require it explicitly in our document,
presumably within guideline 2.1.

In part this is related to section 2.5 - once an invalid document is produced
there is no really well-defined good way to deal with it.

Thoughts?

Charles McCN