Re: Priority Definitions for Sections 2 and 3

At 06:21 p.m. 04/21/99 -0400, Charles McCathieNevile wrote:
>There is an issue here.

I know.

>It is my personal feeling that conformance which only covers all P1
>checkpoints is absolutely minimal - what one expects of the most reluctant
>and obstreporous of  developers, and that meeting priority 2 checkpoints is
>required to make a tool which is reasonably accessible.

Yes, except what I can tell from developers is that you won't
necessarily get what you want here.  If you want people to do
a certain level of compliance you have to DEMAND it instead of
giving them a lower priority -- they WILL do the P1 stuff before
the P2 stuff and there's a good chance they won't do P2.

Are we defining minimum acceptability or are we saying what we want?
I _want_ lots of things that are P2, so perhaps we need a definition
to make them P1's too -- if we won't be happy with simply P1 performance.

--
Kynn Bartlett <kynn@hwg.org>
President, Governing Board Member