Norwegian (?) translation of CSS Homepage - Re: [w3c-translators] <none>

On Sat, 10 Sep 2011 14:19:33 +0200, Kamal Aslanov <kamalmix@hotmail.com>
wrote:

> Hello.
> Two months ago I have contacted your group about the translation. For
> two months I am waiting response from Bert Bos to publish my
> translation. He said that looking forward to accapt it and I send it to
> him. Two months he doesn't answer and today published another website's
> translation. I have also contacted Corelie Mercier, and Susan. Please do
> something to publish my translation waited for 2 months :(
> Thanks a lot...

Hello Kamal

I am sorry about this, this looks like an oversight.

May I suggest that next time you write to Bert Bos directly for
translations that concern his activity (the CSS pages that are not
tutorials and articles)?

I see you wrote to me also Friday night, about your translation at
http://gamepark.in/StyleCSS.htm
The links in it are to the Google Translation web service, from Danish
language into Norwegian.
As is, this translation still looks as a draft.

Also, we cannot prevent people from using machine translation services,
which sometimes purvey good translations, but most of the time purvey
inadequate translations. We prefer that native speakers translate our
English documents into their native languages. Sometimes, native speakers
who happen to peruse translations submitted to us, point out inadequacy in
translations.

Finally, another reason why we prefer to discourage machine translations
in a language that isn't native to the translator, is that our volunteer
translations program is in place for the benefit of people whose native
language isn't English (the official working language of the W3C), because
it is aligned with our mission to lead the Web to its full potential,
however this program has a low priority, due to a steady flow of other
on-going activities chartered for our Membership, and due to a relatively
small workforce. What I am attempting to say is that we aim at getting
useful accurate translations for people whose native language isn't
English, and translations that will not require too much overhead for W3C
staff.

   Coralie Mercier  -  W3C Communications Team  -  http://www.w3.org
      W3C/ERCIM - N212 - 2004, rte des lucioles - 06410 Biot - FR
mailto:coralie@w3.org +33492387590 http://www.w3.org/People/CMercier/