Re: WCAG 2.0 authorised translation in Arab, LTO submission of intent

Dear Mr. Mohamed Jemni,

My name is Najib Tounsi, I am professor at University Mohammed-V in
Rabat, and I run the W3C Office in Morocco[1].

I am very glad to know about your initiative for authorized translation
of WCAG 2.0

I know about Basma Association for the Promotion of Employment for
persons with disabilities, in that I already had the opportunity to meet
Basma at the event on ICT for the disabled people, organized in Tunis on
May 25 2005. I was then invited to give a presentation on W3C Standards
for accessibility [2], in conjunction with Shadi Abou-Zahra who gave a
more specific talk on the subject.

This is to request you to kindly keep me in the loop of people informed.
The W3C Office in Morocco is willing to give you any help or assistance
during the process of producing an authorized translation of the Web
Content Accessibility Guidelines 2.0 in Arabic.

I hope you may find helpful the Moroccan W3C-Office experience in
translating into Arabic (and formating) W3C-style texts, and in
reviewing specs.

Looking forward to reading from you.

Best regards,
Najib Tounsi