Re: Thoughts on namespaces

From: Digitome Ltd. <digitome@iol.ie>
Date: Sat, 24 May 1997 07:06:45 +0100
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
IF the namespace problem can be substantially addressed by architectures
AND IF we had an XML "DTD for DTDs" spec.

would it follow that namespaces (+ validation of docs with multiple
namespaces) would become a XML-Link solvable problem, tractable
without any extra syntax stuff?

Basically what I am asking is can we reduce the namespace problem to
a special case of another problem.

BTW I am not suggesting that I have a clue what "validation" with
multiple namespaces would actually mean:-)

Sean
Sean Mc Grath

sean@digitome.com
Digitome Electronic Publishing