Re: SD1 - Proposal: allow in valid XML-Documents only

From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Date: 21 May 1997 08:51:14 +0100
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Steve DeRose writes:
> The total costs for different forms, given an n-char GI are:
[...]

The more I look at the arguments, the more convinced I am that
XML is not likely to be a meaningful format for distributing
database-resident bulk data. This shouldn't surprise anyone: it
was never designed to do this. You want to ship bulk data, you
send a Java applet followed by a gzipped datafile, and let the
applet generate XML locally for the display.

///Peter