XML FAQ v1.0

From: Peter Flynn <pflynn@curia.ucc.ie>
Date: 08 May 1997 02:24:57 +0100
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
Cc: xml-dev@ic.ac.uk
Version 1.0 of the XML FAQ is now available at

     http://www.ucc.ie/xml/

Please report all errors and problems to me, either by email or by using
the form at the end of the file. By all means also post queries to the
newsgroups and mailing lists, but please copy them to me also if you want
them to be actioned.

XML is the Extensible Markup Language being defined by the SGML Working
Group of the W3C. It is an application profile of SGML, designed to make
it easy and straightforward to use SGML on the Web. It defines an
extremely simple dialect of SGML (which is described in the Draft XML
Specification). The goal is to enable generic SGML to be served,
received, and processed on the Web in the way that is now possible with
HTML.

///Peter