Re: ERB call on addressing

lee@sq.com wrote:
> Drop the ?/&/; thing and you'll be fine.  Simply allow them without
> saying what they mean.

Please help a confused soul.

Doesn't it make sense to be able to make Panorama-like browsers that can
intelligently navigate documents on DynaWeb-like servers without express
communication between the vendors? I would expect to be able to tell my
cleint "go to the next chapter" and have the client and server agree on
the protocol to fetch that. I could buy the argument that we should not
standardize query parameters in XML, maybe, but are you advocating that
they should never be standardized? Surely we should at least
standardized a "base" simple language and Panorama and DynaWeb can
innovate however they want around that standard core.

 Paul Prescod