Re: ERB call on addressing

From: Paul Prescod <papresco@calum.csclub.uwaterloo.ca>
Date: Wed, 26 Mar 1997 00:32:58 -0500
To: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
lee@sq.com wrote:
> Drop the ?/&/; thing and you'll be fine.  Simply allow them without
> saying what they mean.

Please help a confused soul.

Doesn't it make sense to be able to make Panorama-like browsers that can
intelligently navigate documents on DynaWeb-like servers without express
communication between the vendors? I would expect to be able to tell my
cleint "go to the next chapter" and have the client and server agree on
the protocol to fetch that. I could buy the argument that we should not
standardize query parameters in XML, maybe, but are you advocating that
they should never be standardized? Surely we should at least
standardized a "base" simple language and Panorama and DynaWeb can
innovate however they want around that standard core.

 Paul Prescod