Re: 4.2 Location-source/Base address

"Dave Hollander" <dmh@hpsgml.fc.hp.com> writes:
> > At 12:33 PM 3/4/97 -0800, Tim Bray wrote:
[...]
> >4.2.c Should we formalize the concept of the implied location source?
>
> Is this the same as: resource name used to reach this resource ?
> If so, we do need the concept to express priority policy re expressed
> location source.

Note that in the case of resources delivery based on client type (eg., 24bit
GIF vs. 1 bit GIF) the implied location will depend on who is asking for the
resource. We may have to allow for binding client-type information to the
request.

Murray

Murray Altheim, SGML Toolhead                    <altheim@eng.sun.com>
Tools Development & Online Production