Re: (off topic) MCF and XML-data and declarations in instances

From: Tim Bray <tbray@textuality.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Jun 1997 08:47:24 -0700
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, bosak@eng.sun.com
Cc: w3c-sgml-wg@w3.org
At 09:59 AM 30/06/97 -0500, Dan Connolly wrote:
>The last thing I want to see is insightful and/or useful
>comments on that spec[1] not getting due consideration.
>
>Tim, as editor, would you prefer comments were sent to this
>forum, or to you directly in stead?

Well, what we'd like is if somebody spots a dropped comma or other typo,
just yell at the nearest editor, don't congest bandwidth, but if they
feel there are deep architectural problems, that has to be aired out
in public.  Is there boilerplate language for this purpose, or should
I invent something.

>Jon, as chair,
>what do you think about comments on MCF-XML in this forum?

My take: isn't this a job for the new Metadata co-ordinating committee?

 - Tim