Re: (off topic) MCF and XML-data and declarations in instances

Tim, Jon,

When I added a "status of this document" section, I neglected
to add a "comments should be sent to ..." sentence.

The last thing I want to see is insightful and/or useful
comments on that spec[1] not getting due consideration.

Tim, as editor, would you prefer comments were sent to this
forum, or to you directly in stead?

Jon, as chair,
what do you think about comments on MCF-XML in this forum?
	(a) absolutely not: do it again and we file a motion to
		remove you from the WG
	(b) I'd rather they didn't, but since Tim reads the
		mail here, it's reaching the editors, and
		so no serious harm is done. But please send
		comments directly to the editor as a rule.
	(c) Only if they directly relate to xml-lang, xml-link
		or other specs in scope here
	(d) Sure! we expect mcf-xml to be reviewed in this
		forum eventually, so we might as well start now.

[1] http://www.w3.org/TR/NOTE-MCF-XML-970624

--
Dan Connolly
http://www.w3.org/People/Connolly/