Re: Radical cure for BOS confusion

David Durand wrote:

>   4. (Martin Bryan). I'm least sure about what Martin wants but I think
>he'd prefer a mechanism that enforced indirection in specifying the set of
>relevant documents.

I don't know where this idea that I want to enforce indirection comes from!
I want to allow indirection, alongside direct links, but I want the
indirection units to be easily manageable - i.e. storable in separate
storage units, easily identifiable, ideally by being referenced in a header
that is read right at the start of the document, but I am equally happy with
the idea of having them _grouped_ at other points in a document. The only
thing I am against is trying to manage links that a spread around "like
raisins in a plum duff!" Such links are, in my view, unmanageable. What is
also important to me is that linksets can be built by concatenating existing
sets of linksets.
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/