Re: Permitting non-indirect links (3 CCs removed)

From: Terry Allen <tallen@fsc.fujitsu.com>
Date: Thu, 9 Jan 1997 16:52:14 -0800 (PST)
To: dgd@cs.bu.edu, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
David Durand wrote:
>   Terry's post indicated that behavior was only defined for HTTP fragment
specifiers, but the above contradicts it. I guess I'll have to read the
latest version, but if anyone can save me the misery, I'd appreciate it.

That was my excerpt from RFC 1630.  In the followup I quoted (as
I should have done originally) from the latest URL syntax draft,
which generalizes the prohibition against returning only the
#fragment to all URLs (pointlessly, in my view, but so what).

Regards, Terry