Re: Addressing....

At 22:57 8/1/97 -0500, Gavin Nicol wrote:

>I think that the initial *publishers* of XML content will generally
>have at least partial control over the site

Not true. I have two web sites - one supplied by an ISP (which is the way
the majority of users have to work) and the other a large intergovernmental
server that is located in another country altogether. Like many governmental
services in Europe this service is outsourced, in this case on a 4 year
contract. There is no way they are going to change their hardware/software
this century!! I want to use XML before then!!!
----
Martin Bryan, The SGML Centre, Churchdown, Glos. GL3 2PU, UK
Phone/Fax: +44 1452 714029   WWW home page: http://www.u-net.com/~sgml/