Re: ERB decisions on linking element recognition

Steven J. DeRose wrote:

> Applications on top of XML can do anything they want, of course. If they
> have their own links types that they recognize by virtue of dowsing, that's
> just fine. What I understand the resolution to mean is that such recognition
> is not part of XML: if it exists it is an application convention at another
> level.

This sounds like the "application engines" talked about in HyTime.
Does the ERB intend to draft an extension mechanism similar to the way
HyTime allows one to declare architectures to use with HyTime?
IOW, XML is the base linking architecture, but it provides the
way to enable others to be defined for application conventions?
Or will this be something that remains defined in the HyTime
annex?

len bullard