Re: 1.a: Use Elements? -- critical ambiguity in question!

At 09:33 AM 2/3/97 CST, Michael Sperberg-McQueen wrote:
>David's, Eve's, and Lee's sketches of possible markup for declaring use
>of XHL architectural forms looked interesting to me, but I confess I
>didn't understand any of them very well.  Would you be willing to
>provide simple prose glosses for those of us in the back of the class,
>saying what information a processor is to glean from
>   <?XML ATTLIST PrimaryIE
>        xml             (linkto)        "linkto"
>        xmlnames        CDATA           #FIXED "linkends ptr"
>        scheme          (intid)         "intid"
>   ?>

This indicates that the element PrimaryIE in the document corresponds
to the architectural form LINKTO in the XHL draft (I made up LINKTO;
the current draft calls it ALINK), and the AF's attribute PTR (I made
that up too; the draft calls it HREF) appears in the document as
LINKENDS.  The AF's attribute SCHEME (HRTYPE in the draft) is set
permanently to INTID (my previously suggested hrtype for SGML IDs
in the current document).  No particular linking behavior or formatting
is specified.

So you see, I was cheating by making up my own markup names...  Sorry!
(I do like my names better.)  Does this help?

        Eve