Re: Recent ERB votes

> From: bosak@atlantic-83.Eng.Sun.COM (Jon Bosak)
>
> Note also that this strategy does not discriminate against the
> existing SGML document base.  There are probably as many existing SGML
> documents that will work unchanged in an XML environment as there are
> HTML documents.  My Shakespeare and Religious Works collections are
> valid XML just as they stand

How is that?  How are empty elements represented in your existing SGML
document base for your Shakespeare and Religious Works collections?

Irrespective of the answer to the above, what SGML authoring tools
would produce valid XML given document instances in your Shakespeare
and Religious Works collections?

Assuming neither Author/Editor nor Adept Editor (whose output, I
believe, are very similar) are answers to the above question, what
would be the list of modifications necessary to convert what they would
produce given document instances in your Shakespeare and Religious
Works collections into valid XML?