Re: Anchors Aweigh

From: Gavin Nicol <gtn@ebt.com>
Date: Mon, 30 Dec 1996 08:39:34 -0500
To: cbullard@hiwaay.net
CC: mtbryan@sgml.u-net.com, w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org
>I don't think you can avoid behavior for long.

Maybe.

I can't articulate very well the exact model I have in my head, but...

If we go with the link-as-data model (late semantic binding), what we
*really* need to define here is what comprises a grove, the primitives
used to locate objects within it, traverse it, and transform it, a way
of grouping/ordering the primitives, a way of manipulating/interacting
with the result of such primtives (or a group of them), and a way of
binding primtives to nodes in a grove.

Interestingly enough, most of this has already been done elsewhere...