Re: locating capabilities vs. anchor awareness

From: Michael Sperberg-McQueen <U35395@UICVM.UIC.EDU>
Date: Thu, 26 Dec 96 10:05:25 CST
To: W3C SGML Working Group <w3c-sgml-wg@www10.w3.org>
On Mon, 23 Dec 1996 12:28:03 -0800 Derek Denny-Brown said:
> ... A number of people have expressed interest in using the TEI
>style linking (having never used seen TEI, that is difficult for me
>to evaluate.  Anyone have a good reference for me where I could get
>some info/examples of TEI locators?).

I believe Lou Burnard is currently working on a free-standing
document describing TEI extended pointers, to make it unnecessary to
consult the TEI Guidelines themselves.  In the meantime, for the TEI
Guidelines as a whole, try

  http://etext.virginia.edu/TEI.html
  http://dynaweb.ebt.com:8080/usrbooks/teip3/1.toc

For chapter 14, on "Linking, Segmentation, and Alignment" try

  http://dynaweb.ebt.com:8080/usrbooks/teip3/25659
  http://etext.virginia.edu/bin/tei-tocs?div=DIV1&id=SA

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen