Re: locating capabilities vs. anchor awareness

From: Lou Burnard <lou@vax.ox.ac.uk>
Date: Sat, 28 Dec 1996 02:25:33 +0000
CC: W3C-SGML-WG@www10.w3.org, lou@vax.ox.ac.uk

On Mon, 23 Dec 1996 12:28:03 -0800 Derek Denny-Brown said:
> ... A number of people have expressed interest in using the TEI
>style linking (having never used seen TEI, that is difficult for me
>to evaluate.  Anyone have a good reference for me where I could get
|>some info/examples of TEI locators?).
|I believe Lou Burnard is currently working on a free-standing
|document describing TEI extended pointers, to make it unnecessary to

A first draft of a brief tutorial intro to the TEI extended
pointer syntax is now available at

For authoritative information, it is still best to
onsult the TEI Guidelines themselves.  In the meantime, for the TEI
Guidelines as a whole, try

For chapter 14, on "Linking, Segmentation, and Alignment" try

-C. M. Sperberg-McQueen