application/rdf+xml registration

From: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>
Date: Tue, 16 Mar 2004 10:20:01 +0000
To: Ted Hardie <hardie@qualcomm.com>, Scott Hollenbeck <sah@428cobrajet.net>
Cc: RDF core WG <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>, aaron Swartz <me@aaronsw.com>, ned.freed@mrochek.com

Ted,
Scott,

I was engaged in some discussion with Ned about registration of
application/rdf+xml MIME type as part of the W3C RDFcore working group
output, but didn't notice he's no longer APP AD.  I was anticipating that
our registration would go through under the old process (the I-D has been a
work-in-progress for some time, since well before the new procedure was
approved).  Are you content to run with this?

The I-D concerned is at:
   http://www.ietf.org/internet-drafts/draft-swartz-rdfcore-rdfxml-mediatype-04.txt
and now that the revised RDF specs are finalized, we'd like to request
(informational) RFC publication and registration of the MIME type in the
IETF tree.

Apart from a few very minor editorial changes, and updates to the
references, the draft has been presented for review on the IETF-types list,
and no comments were received.  The editorial changes to the text are
outlined in this message:
    http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Mar/0001.html

Can you please indicate how we should proceed?

Thanks,

#g

Graham Klyne
For email: