Re: semantics typos [was Re: Post-Herman changes to RDF semantics document]

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Thu, 15 Jan 2004 11:05:35 -0600
To: Frank Manola <fmanola@acm.org>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>Meta-level remarks:  In order to avoid disappointing anyone, the
>following are *not* "suggested changes" to any document whatsoever,
>merely facts that I've discovered that might be of interest to some
>member of the WG.

I'm going on fixing up my copy just for a sense of personal
satisfaction, but the version I'll fix up will be called 2004bcc, so
2004bc will still produce the same htmldiff.

>  I'm reading the Semantics document for my own reasons, and thought
>it might be useful to document any typos I've found (I'm not through
>the document yet).  Far be it from me to suggest that anyone might
>fix them;  put them on a list to fix later maybe :-)
>Object-level remarks:
>I've found a couple more typos in the Semantics document (I checked
>both the PR and
>http://www.ihmc.us/users/phayes/RDF_Semantics_2004bc.html and
>they're in both).
>*  Near the start of section 4.1, in the paragraph that starts
>"Although not strictly necessary...", the 4th sentence says "...the
>first two conditions in the table of RDFS semantic condiions...":
>condiions --> conditions

Fixed in my copy

>*  Right at the end of section 4.1, in the example illustrating an
>RDFS contradiction, in the first line, the XMLLiteral has an
>unmatched angle bracket.

er...yes, its supposed to be unmatched, that's why its an illegal XML
literal.  So not a typo on that one. (Your reading it as one suggests
why its important to get all the real typos out, though.)

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell