Re: Post-Herman changes to RDF semantics document

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 14 Jan 2004 15:42:39 +0000
To: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Cc: Brian_McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

FYI

I am currently expecting to vote against these changes if the question is put:

cf.

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2004JanMar/0030

Also, as far as I understand, the following test case changes:

(from an entailment to a non-entailment. Peter suggests there are approved
test cases that would change)

<eg:p1> rdfs:range xsd:boolean .
<eg:a> <eg:p2> "true"^^xsd:boolean .
<eg:a> <eg:p2> "false"^^xsd:boolean .
_:a <eg:p1> <eg:bl> .

entails

<eg:a> <eg:p2> <eg:bl> .

The magnitude of this change is one that requires a longer review period
than we have available. I also suspect that I disagree with the content.
I am not convinced that there is any big enough problem with the PR
document that is actually being fixed.

To vote for this, *I* would need to be convinced, I would need to be
convinced that WebOnt were on-board, I would need to have had sufficient
time to discuss it in-depth with the HP implementors. This is not feasible
in the time we have.

Jeremy