W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > February 2004

Approved minutes of RDFCore telecon 20030130

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 05 Feb 2004 11:53:21 +0000
Message-ID: <40222EB1.9040306@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

I have ammended the minutes in the light of comments received.  The 
draft having been reviewed

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Feb/0001.html
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Feb/0003.html

these now approved.

Brian

----------------------------

Agenda:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0095.html

Transcript:
    http://www.w3.org/2004/01/30-rdfcore-irc

swebscrape:N3:python: 
http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
date: 2004-01-30

1: scribe - volunteer needed

bwm selected by Zakim.

2: Roll Call
regrets: Jeremy, PatH, DanC, JanG, Jos,
present:  FrankM, DanBri, bwm, Janet (part time), EMiller, DaveB,
GrahamKlyne, MikeDean

3: Review Agenda
skipped

4: Testimonial Orientation &&
5: Press Release Input and Request for Reviewers

Janet congratulated RDFCore on gettng the docs ready.  Subject to the
director's decision, the plan is hold a joint announcement with WEBONT 
on Feb 10 2004 under the banner of reaching a major milestone in the
development of the semantic web.

Testimonials are an important part of the announcement.  Janet presented 
the material in:

   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0089.html

as guidance for those preparing a testimonial.  Details can be found in 
the irc log

   http://www.w3.org/2004/01/30-rdfcore-irc

Also:

A key message is that the semantic web is real, not just theoretical, so
folks are strongly encouraged to include real examples of how the 
semantic web is being used in their testimonials.

There will be separate sheets of testimonials for RDF and OWL.  A single
testimonial relevant to both can be put on both, or an organisation can
prepare separate testimonials for each.

Please send all communications to both the PR team and cc Eric Miller.

There should shortly be a draft of the W3C press release so folks 
understand the context in which the testimonial will appear.

Testimonials have not be sought from the membership in general, though 
that will be done shortly.  Eric has been actively soliciting support 
from folks working on RDF but not on the WG.

An example testimonial sheet can be found at 
http://www.w3.org/2004/01/ccpp-testimonial and others can be found under
http://www.w3.org/Press/.

If some organizations wish to make their own press release, W3C welcomes
that, but requests:

   - the W3C has 24 hours to check that W3C is accurately represented in the
release
   - that accompanying releases are sent at least 15 minutes after the
scheduled W3C release which is 10am Eastern time, 10 Feb 2004.
   - folks may be asked to delay if there are problems, e.g. in publishing
the docs

W3C places no restrictions on who from an organisation signs a 
testimonial, but recommends that someone whose name is familiar to the 
trade press does so.

Any questions should be sent to the W3T PR list and cc'd to Eric Miller.

6: Next telecon

To allow a telecon before 10 Feb,

Resolved: Next telecon 06 Feb 2004 1000 Boston Time

7: Rec Docs sanity check

There is editorial work to do to publish the docs as recs.

ERIC HAS WRITE LOCK ON ALL THE EDITORS DRAFTS

A number of editorial changes have been made or in progress of being 
made, including:

   - style sheets updated to REC stylesheet
   - big yellow warning box about status
   - copyright updated to 2004
   - links to errata and translations added
   - doc status updated
   - references updated

Eric requests doc editors to verify changes to doc references.  The 
links should go to the shadow TR docs, the ammended text should be checked.

ACTION: danbri review schema
ACTION: daveb review syntax
ACTION: daveb review test cases
ACTION: frank review primer
ACTION: gk review concepts
ACTION: em review model theory
ACTION: em use judgement to update IANA reference appropriately

The WG is aware we are not updating LBase at this time.

8: Mime type registration

Discussion over whether to hold off until rec.

RESOLVED to delay mimetype registration till after the documents reach REC.

ACTION: gk inform Aaron.

9: TAG Architecture Doc review

No discussion.

AOB:

Please review the draft agenda for the SW interest group meeting at the 
Tech Plenary

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Jan/0188.html

Meeting Adjourned.

After adjournment, Danbri mentioned that he had updated the docs at the 
RDF and RDFS namespaces.
Received on Thursday, 5 February 2004 06:55:14 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Thursday, 5 February 2004 06:55:16 EST