W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > February 2004

Re: Draft minutes of RDFCore telecon 20030130

From: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Feb 2004 08:40:18 +0000
Message-ID: <4020AFF2.1030907@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

Another ammendment.  Pat had sent regrets.

Brian

Brian McBride wrote:

> Agenda:
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0095.html
> 
> Transcript:
>    http://www.w3.org/2004/01/30-rdfcore-irc
> 
> swebscrape:N3:python:
> http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
> date: 2004-01-30
> 
> 1: scribe - volunteer needed
> 
> bwm selected by Zakim.
> 
> 2: Roll Call
> regrets: Jeremy, PatH, DanC, JanG
> present:  FrankM, DanBri, bwm, Janet (part time), EMiller, DaveB,
> GrahamKlyne
> 
> 3: Review Agenda
> skipped
> 
> 4: Testimonial Orientation &&
> 5: Press Release Input and Request for Reviewers
> 
> Janet congratulated RDFCore on gettng the docs ready.  Subject to the
> director's decision, the plan is hold a joint announcement with WEBONT on
> Feb 10 2004 under the banner of reaching a major milestone in the
> development of the semantic web.
> 
> Testimonials are an important part of the announcement.  Janet presented the
> material in:
> 
>   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2004Jan/0089.html
> 
> as guidance for those preparing a testimonial.  Details can be found in the
> irc log
> 
>   http://www.w3.org/2004/01/30-rdfcore-irc
> 
> Also:
> 
> A key message is that the semantic web is real, not just theoretical, so
> folks are strongly encouraged to include real examples of how the semantic
> web is being used in their testimonials.
> 
> There will be separate sheets of testimonials for RDF and OWL.  A single
> testimonial relevant to both can be put on both, or an organisation can
> prepare separate testimonials for each.
> 
> Please send all communications to both the PR team and cc Eric Miller.
> 
> There should shortly be a draft of the W3C press release so folks understand
> the context in which the testimonial will appear.
> 
> Testimonials have not be sought from the membership in general, though that
> will be done shortly.  Eric has been actively soliciting support from folks
> working on RDF but not on the WG.
> 
> An example testimonial sheet can be found at
> http://www.w3.org/2004/01/ccpp-testimonial and others can be found under
> http://www.w3.org/Press/.
> 
> If some organizations wish to make their own press release, W3C welcomes
> that, but requests:
> 
>   - the W3C has 24 hours to check that W3C is accurately represented in the
> release
>   - that accompanying releases are sent at least 15 minutes after the
> scheduled W3C release which is 10am Eastern time, 10 Feb 2004.
>   - folks may be asked to delay if there are problems, e.g. in publishing
> the docs
> 
> W3C places no restrictions on who from an organisation signs a testimonial,
> but recommends that someone whose name is familiar to the trade press does
> so.
> 
> Any questions should be sent to the W3T PR list and cc'd to Eric Miller.
> 
> 6: Next telecon
> 
> To allow a telecon before 10 Feb,
> 
> Resolved: Next telecon 13 Feb 2004 1000 Boston Time
> 
> 7: Rec Docs sanity check
> 
> There is editorial work to do to publish the docs as recs.
> 
> ERIC HAS WRITE LOCK ON ALL THE EDITORS DRAFTS
> 
> A number of editorial changes have been made or in progress of being made,
> including:
> 
>   - style sheets updated to REC stylesheet
>   - big yellow warning box about status
>   - copyright updated to 2004
>   - links to errata and translations added
>   - doc status updated
>   - references updated
> 
> Eric requests doc editors to verify changes to doc references.  The links
> should go to the shadow TR docs, the ammended text should be checked.
> 
> ACTION: danbri review schema
> ACTION: daveb review syntax
> ACTION: daveb review test cases
> ACTION: frank review primer
> ACTION: gk review concepts
> ACTION: em review model theory
> ACTION: em use judgement to update IANA reference appropriately
> 
> The WG is aware we are not updating LBase at this time.
> 
> 8: Mime type registration
> 
> Discussion over whether to hold off until rec.
> 
> RESOLVED to delay mimetype registration till after the documents reach REC.
> 
> ACTION: gk inform Aaron.
> 
> 9: TAG Architecture Doc review
> 
> No discussion.
> 
> AOB:
> 
> Please review the draft agenda for the SW interest group meeting at the Tech
> Plenary
> 
> http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-interest/2004Jan/0188.html
> 
> Meeting Adjourned.
> 
> After adjournment, Danbri mentioned that he had updated the docs at the RDF
> and RDFS namespaces.
Received on Wednesday, 4 February 2004 03:41:41 EST

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 4 February 2004 03:41:45 EST