Re: Fwd: Re: comments on 26 September version of RDF Semantics document

From: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>
Date: Tue, 30 Sep 2003 12:22:27 -0500
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: Graham Klyne <gk@ninebynine.org>, pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>, w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 09:27, Brian McBride wrote:
> Dan Connolly wrote:
> > On Tue, 2003-09-30 at 05:00, Graham Klyne wrote:
>
> [...]
>

> > Moreover, I maintain that horn rules is a correct implementation
> > strategy, and I consider anything to the contrary a bug.
> > While I'd rather that were stated in so many words in the spec,
> > I'm willing to accept that the burden is on me (and like-minded
> > reviewers) to find any such bugs. I'm fairly confident
> > there aren't any.
>
> Dan,
>
> Can I take that as an indication that you will not oppose making the
> entailment rules non-normative?

Er... be careful what you ask for.

If you put the question (again), I may very well take a strong
stand in favor of making them normative.

So don't do that. ;-)

The record doesn't compel the editor to make them normative.

The record apparently disagrees with the memory of serveral of us,
but all of us had a chance (and an obligation) to correct
the record and we did not.

I trust the editors (both the series editor and the
semantics editor) to do something reasonable.