Proposed modification to syntax re xml:lang

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Mon, 29 Sep 2003 12:13:17 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

I would like to hear whether anyone would support or oppose the following
proposal from

http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0250
[[
 here are some possible concessions:

1) Add to syntax, on the rdf:parseType="Literal" cosntruction

A parser MAY warn if there is an inscope non-empty xml:lang.

2) Add to syntax, in the bit about generating RDF/XML

When generating rdf:parseType="Literal", you SHOULD generate xml:lang="".
]]

(perhaps the MAY should even be SHOULD)

If there is support I could suggest this in more detail.
It would mean that formally we were more in tune with the xml:lang scoping
rules without any real shift in our position.

Jeremy