W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > September 2003

Minutes 19 09 2003

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Fri, 19 Sep 2003 18:01:25 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Message-Id: <200309191801.26004.jjc@hpl.hp.com>


Agenda:
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0196

IRC log:
 http://www.w3.org/2003/09/19-rdfcore-irc

Summary:

DECISIONS:
 No control  characters in RDF URI References
 Informative warnings for the abuse of IRIs

SCHEDULE:
   Comment deadline:  02 Oct
   LC2 Docs ready     08 Oct
   Publish LC2           13 Oct ??? 
   End LC2 comments   03 Nov

Sumamry of ACTIONS
=================
DanbrI

2003-08-29#2   script for fixing up internal references
by next weel
 produce boiler plate for SOTD
 e-mail rdfinterest with 02 Oct comment deadline
 e-mail chairs list concerning LC 2
 identify and e-mail individual chairs re LC 2

jjc
 review syntax text on bnode IDs
 change URI text in concepts
 respond to pfps on URIs cc martin
 e-mail webont with 02 Oct comment deadline
 suggest herman makes personal comment before webont OK

path
 To consider amendments to test cases concerning nonentailments
  Check link to RDF URI Reference from Semantics to Concepts

bwm 
  s/none/no response/ in last call comments

em 
  Poke Michael concerning xmlsch-02
  contact comm to get publication date


date: 20030919

Chair: bwm
1: scribe jjc


2: Roll Call
Regrets from Stickler, Connolly
 
Present Manola, Emiller, Jeremy, PatH, JosD
Jan, DaveB, Brian, Gk, Danbri, MikeD


3: Review Agenda
jjc: URI proposal to be under 9,
jos: Negative entailment tests as AOB

4: Next telecon 26 Sep 2003 1000 Boston Time
Chair: scribe missed this
Volunteer Scribe: Graham



5: Minutes of 12 Sep 2003 telecon as revised by
See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0173.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0174.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0187.html
Approved.

6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions

ACTION: 2003-02-07#4 danbri
reference the appropriate definition of "triple" in RDFS.

ACTION: 20030718#18 DaveB
Revise syntax doc to only references to other document status 

ACTION: 20030815#7 jjc
review syntax changes

ACTION: 2003-08-29#1 daveb
track down LC comments on wrapper solution for XMLLiteral

ACTION: 2003-08-29#4 jjc
to prepare a response to peter on charmod 

ACTION: 2003-08-29#5 jjc
to respond to peter on %s in URIs

ACTION: 2003-09-12#1 danbri
announce 5 September 2003 WDs to www-rdf-interest with the I18N issue 
specifically called out.

ACTION: 2003-09-12#2 danbri
send a request to webont to look at 5 September 2003 WDs 

ACTION: 2003-09-12#4 DanC
write email to the WG to propose to change RDF so that there are no syntax 
errors in URIs (in the rdf:resource attribute etc.)

ACTION: 2003-09-12#5 DanC
ask XML Schema WG for a response on the xmlsch-02 issue

ACTION: 2003-09-12#6 jjc
response to pfps using the proposal in 
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0143 with minor 
updates

All confirmed.


7: Confirm Status of Withdrawn Actions

ACTION: 2002-11-22#3 patH
Tie MT datatype to the sec that points out language is not significant

ACTION: 2003-08-29#6 jang
remove xmlsch-02 test cases.

All confirmed.


8: Status of Misc Actions

2003-01-03#1    bwm     check whether to update
                        http://www.w3.org/1999/02/22-rdf-syntax-ns

2003-04-11#16   em      Request that the documents at the end of the rdf
                        and rdfs ns uris be updated 

20030711#4      danc    to get a test case for pfps-09 into OWL test case doc

2003-08-29#2    danbri          to investigation production of script
                                for fixing up internal references

All continued - note 2003-08-29#2 will be done within a week.


9: next steps - planning for LC2

Decision:
  2nd last call WDs will record changes between LC1 and LC2
  Changes between LC2 and 05/09 separate from changes between 05/09 and LC1

Also all editors to use copy from TR page (last published draft).


What needs to be done?
====================

Primer  - one fix in response to comment, change affiliation of editor
Syntax - minor editorial fixes
Schema - minor editorial fixes
Concepts - NFC, and URIs see below
Semantics - clarifying proof appendix, check link to RDF URI reference
Test Cases - OK
LBase - small changes tracking semantics

ACTION jjc review syntax text on bnode IDs
ACTION path Check link to RDF URI Reference from Semantics to Concepts

NFC
===
Some editorial changes agreed between DaveB, JJC and PFPS. These impact 
normative text to clarify when NFC is needed.
PFPS still seems to want more informative text, which the editors have 
declined.
Pfps:
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JulSep/0339.html
JJC argues against such text, indicating charmod is better.

URI
===
Original point on % is resolved.
WG does not want to take Namespaces 1.1 text
Allowing ctrl characters was a mistake
Latest IRI draft now prohibits space and some other characters.

Proposals A and B from
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0207

RESOLVED  RDF concepts is changed to prohibit control 
characters in RDF URI References 

RESOLVED concepts is changed to informatively permit 
implementations to issue a warning for the use of RDF URI references not 
conforming to IRI draft or its successors

ACTION jjc change URI text in concepts
ACTION jjc respond to pfps on URIs cc martin


What issues/comments do we need to respond to.
=======================================
Discussion of comments list
======================
ACTION bwm s/none/no response/ in last call comments

I18N issue
=========
Procedural discussion, last week minutes adequately record that we were not 
convinced by I18N comments.

xmsch-02
=======
We are expecting response any time now.
ACTION em Poke Michael concerning xmlsch-02

Schedule?
========
Discussed
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0195.html

agreed
   Comment deadline:  02 Oct
   LC2 Docs ready     08 Oct
   Publish LC2           13 Oct ??? 
   End LC2 comments   03 Nov

ACTION ericm contact comm to get publication date
ACTION danbri produce boiler plate for SOTD
ACTION jjc e-mail webont with 02 Oct comment deadline
ACTION danbri e-mail rdfinterest with 02 Oct comment deadline
ACTION danbri e-mail chairs list concerning LC 2
ACTION danbri identify and e-mail individual chairs re LC 2
ACTION jjc suggest herman makes personal comment before webont OK

AOB
Negative entailment tests
====================
Problem concerning incompleteness of ruleset based reasoners
See e.g.
http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-webont-wg/2003Sep/0103.html
Discussion concerning whether the completeness of RDF and RDFS entailment 
rules helped. Jos won by mentioning datatype non-entailments.

ACTION PatH To consider amendments to test cases concerning nonentailments

Meeting closed.

swebscrape:N3:python: http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
Received on Friday, 19 September 2003 12:01:29 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Friday, 19 September 2003 12:01:33 EDT