W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > September 2003

Minutes of 2003-09-12 RDFCore WG telcon

From: Dave Beckett <dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Tue, 16 Sep 2003 14:47:01 +0100
To: RDF Core <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>
Message-Id: <20030916144701.479f3936.dave.beckett@bristol.ac.uk>

2003-09-12 RDFCore WG meeting (60 mins)

Agenda:
     http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0153.html

Transcript:
     http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2003-09-12

swebscrape:N3:python:http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/scripts/minutes2n3.py
date: 2003-09-12

Roll call:

   Dave Beckett (scribe)
   Dan Brickley (chair)
   Jeremy Carroll
   Dan Connolly
   Mike Dean
   Jan Grant
   Pat Hayes
   Graham Klyne
   Frank Manola
   Brian McBride
   Eric Miller
   Jos De Roo
   Patrick Stickler

Regrets:
   None

Review agenda:


Next telecon: 19 Sep 2003 1000 Boston Time for 60 minutes
   - Jeremy Carroll to scribe


5. Minutes of last telecon:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0147.html
(2003-09-05)

Approved.


6: Confirm Status of Completed or Withdrawn Actions

All confirmed completed or withdrawn as described in agenda.


7: Misc Actions - Status

  2002-04-05#2  continued 
    - update the wording to note this is a reminder to keep mime type
      registration process moving 
  2002-06-18#11 continued
  2002-11-22#3  continued
  2002-11-22#4  withdrawn
  2002-12-06#10 continued
  2003-01-03#1  continued
  2003-01-24#14 continued

  Scribe Note: More from Dan Brickley to be added here.

8: publication status (we have new specs, not been formally announced to 
   RDF lists at time of writing)

ACTION 2003-09-12#1 danbri announce 5 September 2003 WDs to www-rdf-interest with the I18N issue specifically called out.

ACTION 2003-09-12#2 danbri send a request to webont to look at 5 September 2003 WDs 


9:  Brian's alternate design writeup: summary of pros/cons

There was a discussion on this design (now described as "Martin's design")
and several people saw problems:
  PatrickS, danbri, GrahamK - backward incompatibility
  bwm (disagreed with backward incompat.)
    1) building XML into the core of RDF
    2) being "two clever by half" - it needed to be explained several times.
  jang - agrees with bwm's points
  jjc - charmod doesn't say always use XML for markup
  patS, gk - XML in the RDF
  gk - stay with what we have
  DaveB - breaking data, problems with graph to RDF/XML serialization

The chair noted that there was no support in the working group for
spending further time in this design area now.

ACTION 2003-09-12#3 jjc mention other designs in I18N proposed response


10: escaping % in RDF URI refs: can this be wrapped up?

Jeremy reported there is a need for a change on what is said about
control characters and maybe on spaces in URIs, or say less.  He
proposed adding a note about fixing it in an Errata in future. DaveB
asked that future promises weren't made.

DanC raised wanting to make a substantive change by changing RDF
URIrefs to say less (or nothing) by refering entirely to another
definition.  Jeremy noted we need absolute uris, and thus resolving
of relative ones such as against xml:base, so the URI RFC alone
isn't sufficient.

ACTION 2003-09-12#4 DanC write email to the WG to propose to change RDF so that there are no syntax errors in URIs (in the rdf:resource attribute etc.)


12: " 3 "^^xsd:integer / xml schema and whitespace: can this be wrapped up?

RDF Core's xmlsch-02 issue response was
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0097.html

ACTION 2003-09-12#5 DanC ask XML Schema WG for a response on the xmlsch-02 issue



13: response to pfps re NFC

ACTION 2003-09-12#6 jjc response to pfps using the proposal in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Sep/0143 with minor updates


11: Internationalization
(not reached)


The meeting closed.
Received on Tuesday, 16 September 2003 09:47:48 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Tuesday, 16 September 2003 09:47:53 EDT