Re: RDF Semantics: partial review

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 1 Oct 2003 12:10:52 -0500
To: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>Hi Pat,
>
>I note that in
>http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/www-rdf-comments/2003JulSep/0375
>
>you are responding to Herman indicating that some of the text in semantics has
>tried to avoid more obscure mathematical conventions.
>While I think this is generally desirable, I got the impression (without a
>detailed read), that the sections being discussed were things like proofs
>which were hardly going to appeal to a non-mathematical audience.

Well, OK, but there's can-read-math and
lives-and-breathes-category-theory audiences, and the second is even
smaller. I tried to follow Herman's basic advice (it does come out
simpler, I have to admit) without assuming acquaintance with
conventions like fxg(a) meaning <f(a),g(a)>

>(No particular suggestion - just a comment)

Ta.

Pat

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell