Re: Proposed response to Sandro, no change version.

From: Jan Grant <Jan.Grant@bristol.ac.uk>
Date: Thu, 13 Nov 2003 11:26:53 +0000 (GMT)
To: Dan Connolly <connolly@w3.org>, Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: RDFCore Working Group <w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org>

On Thu, 13 Nov 2003, Jan Grant wrote:

> First, the entailmentRules marker for "Simple" entailment is added;
> that's the first of Sandro's comments, and Brian has indicated that this
> is editorial.
>
> Secondly, a simpler approach to Sandro's closed-world comment is:
>
> [[
> The working group accept this comment that the test case manifest format
> currently has some closed-world assumptions.
>
> However, it is felt that a change to the manifest format at this stage
> would be potentially counter-productive, requiring effort from all
> maintainers of test case harnesses in order to run the same set of
> tests.
>
> Therefore a postponed issue, [test-case-format-closed-world], has been
> created, to track this concern.
> ]]
>
> It's not an outright rejection and meets the time constraints of PR, so
> I think this might be the better middle ground - ?

If we OK this then the final version of the test case document (with any
last withdrawn test cases removed and the test case table regenerated)
is here:

http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/TR/WD-rdf-testcases-20030117/

...and with agreement from Brian and/or DanC, I'll send the response to
Sandro.

Axioms speak louder than words.