Re: substantive semantics change?

From: pat hayes <phayes@ihmc.us>
Date: Wed, 12 Nov 2003 11:23:04 -0600
To: Brian McBride <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Cc: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

>Jeremy Carroll wrote:
>>In the absence of arguments that this change is editorial and not
>>substantive, I ask that the chairs reopen the PR decision, in order
>>to consider the resolution of Herman's last call comments which
>>triggered this change.
>As I recall, Pat is travelling in the early part of this week.  This
>will hamper clarification of this issue.
>The suggestion is that a substantive change, i.e. one visible in a
>test case, has been inadvertently made without consulting the WG.
>If true, that is unfortunate.

My understanding however is that it is not true, and that as I said,
no test cases are affected.

Full disclosure: there is a case which COULD have been a test case
but isn't, which would have been affected if had been a test case,
which is

{ } entails { _:x rdf:type rdfs:ContainerMembershipProperty .}

which is not an valid LC2-entailment.  That is, the current semantics
requires that some containermembership properties must exist, even if
nobody talks about them.

IHMC	(850)434 8903 or (650)494 3973   home
40 South Alcaniz St.	(850)202 4416   office
Pensacola			(850)202 4440   fax
FL 32501			(850)291 0667    cell