RE: Change in definition of RDF literals

From: Jeremy Carroll <jjc@hpl.hp.com>
Date: Tue, 27 May 2003 08:57:32 +0300
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org
Cc: duerst@w3.org

Patrick's point might have been in the context of round-tripping, but is just
as relevant to serializing the RDF content within an HTML document.

You *need* to know whether the literal has already had XML excaping applied or
not, and you need to have the ability to include unescapable xml content for
explicit <em>markup</em>. Every solution we have published has these
capabilties, which are deployed and in use. We should not change the solution
in a way that loses these capabilities. Some of Martin's comments seem
unaware of the importance of these,

(It is merely a single bit)

Jeremy