W3C home > Mailing lists > Public > w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org > May 2003

Agenda for RDFCore WG Telecon 2003-05-11

From: <bwm@hplb.hpl.hp.com>
Date: Thu, 8 May 2003 19:11:10 +0100 (BST)
Message-ID: <19583390.1052417528531.JavaMail.bwm@MCBRIDE-B-7>
To: w3c-rdfcore-wg@w3.org

Time:
10:00:00 Fri May 11 2003 in America/New York duration 120 minutes

which is equivalent to
15:00:00 Fri May 11 2003 in Europe/London

Phone: +1-617-761-6200 (Zakim)#7332
irc: irc.w3.org #rdfcore

1: scribe: Jeremy Carroll
A co-chair requests scribe reviews

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0216.html

so that the script can extract the actions list.

Suggest use date format:

date:2003-05-11




2: Roll Call
Regrets: FrankM, PatrickS




3: Review Agenda


4: Next telecon 16 May 2003 1000 Boston Time
Last One before WWW 2003
Volunteer Scribe



5: Minutes of 02 May 2003 telecon 

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0031.html


6: Confirm Status of Completed Actions

ACTION: 2003-03-14#6 gk
review semantics editor

ACTION: 20030425#5 danc
figure out the cost to WebOnt of accepting timbl-03

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0040.html

ACTION: 20030502#1 bwm
send the comments in http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0002.html as comments from RDFCore on OWL Reference LCWD

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/public-webont-comments/2003May/0004.html

ACTION: 20030502#2 jang
send revised OWL S+AS 2.3.2.1 words to the rdfcore list

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0074.html

ACTION: 20030502#3 gk
review 4.1 of AS&S especially the translation to triples table, with an eye on implementation.

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0045.html

ACTION: 20030502#4 jang
split s+as comments in 0291 into editorial substantial issues, with issue ids

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0074.html

ACTION: 20030502#5 jjc
explain point about use of (restrictions on use of )blank nodes in OWL DL, Lite and propose a comment for OWL

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0070.html

ACTION: 20030502#7 bwm
Remind webont co-chairs about timbl-03 issue

ACTION: 20030502#8 eric
put timbl-03 issue on the agenda for next SWCG 

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Member/w3c-semweb-cg/2003May/0002.html

ACTION: 20030502#9 bwm
add danc-04 to postponed issues list

see:
  http://www.w3.org/2000/03/rdf-tracking/#rdfs-fyi

ACTION: 20030502#14 bwm
allocate a formal comment ID for the rdfs:Schema issue

see:
  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#eikon-01

ACTION: 20030502#17 jjc
make a proposal to the list to treat XMLLiteral like any other datatype

see:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0016.html



7: RDFCore comments on OWL AS+S

20030502#2 jang  send revised OWL S+AS 2.3.2.1 words to the rdfcore list
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0074.html

20030502#3  gk  review 4.1 of AS+S especially the translation to triples
                 table, with an eye on implementation.
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0045.html

20030502#4 jang split s+as comments in 0291 into editorial substantial issues,
                with issue ids 
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0074.html

20030502#5  jjc  explain point about use of (restrictions on use of )blank
                  nodes in OWL DL, Lite and propose a comment for OWL
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0070.html

             

See:
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0291.html


8: Status on Incoming Last Call Comments
   
2003-03-28#9  jjc  update Concepts in light of XML Schema LC
        review editorial comments
2003-03-28#11  danbri  check for editorial actions on Schema from 
        XML Schema LC review




9: Issue xmlsch-07 datatype definition

  http://www.w3.org/2001/sw/RDFCore/20030123-issues/#xmlsch-07

Formal proposal to not accept this comment as it has been withdrawn by
the xml schema group:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0316.html



10: Issue tex-01
According to the IRC log:

  http://ilrt.org/discovery/chatlogs/rdfcore/2003-04-04#T16-21-39

we resolved tex-01 on the 4th April but this was not recorded in the IRC log.

Therefore propose, as was previously agreed and not recorded:

  - classify tex-01 as a clarification
  - add the following note to concepts:
[[
 Note: The case normalization of language tags is part of
 the description of the abstract syntax, and implicitly the abstract
 behaviour of RDF applications. It is not intended to constrain an
 RDF implementation to actually normalize the case. Crucially, the result
 of comparing two language tags should not be sensitive to the case of
 the original input.
]]
 - add the following test cases
[[
  <rdf:Description>
    <eg:prop xml:lang="en-us">a</eg:prop>
  </rdf:Description>

entails

  <rdf:Description>
    <eg:prop xml:lang="EN-us">a</eg:prop>
  </rdf:Description>

entails

  <rdf:Description>
    <eg:prop xml:lang="en-US">a</eg:prop>
  </rdf:Description>
]]

JJC please update/correct as necessary.



11: Issue timbl-03

We had a couple of proposals:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0262.html
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0280.html

But could not agree.

Decided to investigate cost to WEBONT of changing:

20030425#5  danc  figure out the cost to WebOnt of accepting timbl-03
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0040.html
too high.

Others disagree - its a small change
  PatH
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0058.html
  JJC
  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0066.html

However, jjc favours keeping the type triples because its better for Owl DL
to require type triples everywhere, than have special cases where they
are needed in some places and not in others.



12: Language tags in typed literals
At last weeks telecon a straw poll indicated we were of a mind that having
lang tags in the abstract syntax of typed literals was a mistake.

After some discussion on the list Jeremy has offered two options for removing them:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003May/0071.html

A co-chair would like us to be clear about the advantages/effects of these
changes.



13: Issue xmlsch-01 Typed Literal Structure

Various proposals to close:

  http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0247.html
 http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0252.html



14: Issue xmlsch-02 Whitespace facets

Proposal:
   http://lists.w3.org/Archives/Public/w3c-rdfcore-wg/2003Apr/0224.html



15: Semantics Issues
We have several semantics issues:

  horst-01
  pfps-01
  pfps-03
  pfps-05
  pfps-09

That I suspect we are ready to close, but we need a formal motion to 
close them.




------------------------------------------------------------
This agenda was produced by Jema, the Jena WG assistant, running on Jena 2
Received on Thursday, 8 May 2003 14:11:27 EDT

This archive was generated by hypermail pre-2.1.9 : Wednesday, 3 September 2003 09:57:28 EDT